College of Sciences
Department of Sociology
Howard Phillips Hall (HPH), Room: 403
Dr. Michael Armato
This minor provides students with an opportunity to learn about sociological research within the areas of religion, sports, leisure, music, pop culture, and focuses to some extent on how people consume goods and resources in society. This leads to a working knowledge of how public opinion and contemporary social movements shape collective behavior and mass culture. The minor is especially appropriate for students majoring in Interdisciplinary Studies, the social sciences, business, or for any student seeking an enhanced understanding of socio-cultural change within modern society. Given this broad-based set of courses, someone interested in a career in sales, marketing, volunteer organizations, or social media, for example, would find this minor a good fit.
Minor Admission Requirements
- The minor is not open to sociology majors.
- Courses used to satisfy the Restricted Electives of this minor cannot be used to satisfy other sociology minors.
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 2.0 in courses used for the minor.
- At least 12 hours used in the minor must be earned at UCF within the Department of Sociology.
- Students must satisfy each course’s prerequisites before enrolling in the class.