Oct 22, 2018
Rosen College of Hospitality Management
Department of Foodservices and Lodging Management,
9907 Universal Boulevard
Orlando, FL 32819
Dr. Joe Hutchinson, Department Chair
Dr. Abraham Pizam, Dean
- Students who have followed the program of study and completed their A.S. in Restaurant and Foodservice Management at Valencia College and maintain a 2.0 GPA (not including grade forgiveness) in transfer work, will be accepted into UCF Rosen College of Hospitality Management.
- Grades of “C-” (1.75) or below do not transfer into Hospitality Management courses.
- A grade of “C” (2.0) or better is required in each course that applied towards the major.
General Education Program (12 Credit Hours)
- An additional 12 hours of General Education are required to satisfy the required 36 hours for the Bachelor of Science degree. Students are strongly encouraged to speak with an advisor before selecting the additional General Education courses since requirements are different between two institutions. Students must complete their last 30 hours of their B.S. degree at UCF. Please see a Financial Aid advisor so that your enrollment is covered in these courses.
Communication Foundations (3 Credit Hours)
Cultural & Historical Foundations (6 Credit Hours)
Science Foundations (3 Credit Hours)
Common Program Prerequisites (CPP)
Core Requirements: Basic Level
Core Requirements: Advanced Level (30 Credit Hours)
Hospitality Core Requirements (21 Credit Hours)
Restaurant and Foodservice Management Core (9 Credit Hours)
Restricted Electives (18 Credit Hours)
Foreign Language Requirements
- Students who have not completed two years of sequential foreign language study or American Sign Language in high school must complete a minimum of eight semester hours of college level foreign language or demonstration proficiency at Valencia College. Students admitted to UCF without completing this requirement must satisfy it prior to graduation from the university. High school transcripts must be submitted to verify that the foreign language admission requirement is met.
Departmental Exit Requirements
University Minimum Exit Requirements
- A 2.0 UCF GPA.
- 60 semester hours earned after CLEP awarded.
- 48 semester hours of upper division credit completed.
- 30 of the last 39 hours of course work must be completed in residency at UCF.
- A maximum of 45 hours of extension, correspondence, CLEP, Credit by Exam, and Armed Forces credits permitted.
- Complete the General Education Program, the Gordon Rule, and nine hours of Summer credit.
Total Semester Hours Required
Honors In Major
- Students must earn a “C” (2.0) or better in each course listed in the common program prerequisites, the basic and advised cores, and the restricted electives.
- Florida College System students in the A.S. to B.S. track are required to complete an individual plan of study with the College prior to enrolling in their first semester at UCF.
- Subject to the general grade and residence requirements, credit will be granted for transferred course work equivalent to that required in the UCF Rosen College of Hospitality Management.
- A minimum of 30 semester hours must be completed at UCF within the Hospitality major
- Orientation and advising are two of the most valuable tools that a student can make use of when transferring to UCF. Students should take advantage of both.
Acceptable Substitutes for Transfer Courses
- CGS 2100C satisfies a Math General Education requirement at UCF, but not at Valencia College.
- ECO 2023 satisfies a Social Science General Education requirement at UCF, but not at Valencia College.
Plan of Study
Program Academic Learning Compact
- Program Academic Learning Compacts (student learning outcomes) for undergraduate programs are located at: http://www.oeas.ucf.edu/alc/academic_learning_compacts.htm