Sep 24, 2018
College of Engineering and Computer Science
Department of Industrial Engineering and Management
Systems, Engineering II, Room: 312
Jacob Lawhon, email@example.com, 407-823-5021
Dr. Luis Rabelo, Luis.Rabelo@ucf.edu
- See Common Program Prerequisites
- Qualified students may apply after completion of a minimum of 60 credit hours
- Admission to the Accelerated Program does not guarantee formal admission to the MSIE program.
- Admission is not automatic. Interested students may need to be interviewed
Communication Foundations (9 Credit Hours)
Cultural & Historical Foundations (9 Credit Hours)
Mathematical Foundations (7 Credit Hours)
Social Foundations (6 Credit Hours)
Science Foundations (7 Credit Hours)
Common Program Prerequisites (CPP) (19 Credit Hours)
Core Requirements: Basic Level (60 Credit Hours)
Industrial Engineering Core: Basic (2 Credit Hours)
The College of Engineering and Computer Science requires all engineering students to achieve a minimum 2.250 GPA in completing the core courses required for the major, together with the restricted electives and senior design courses listed below.
Core Requirements: Advanced Level (60 Credit Hours)
Graduate courses used to complete the Accelerated BS to MS will be chosen in consultation with the graduate advisor. The courses listed in this example are relevant to the Engineering Management MS. A “C” (2.0) or better is required in all courses listed in this section with a prefix of EIN, ESI, STA and MAS. A “B” (3.0) or better is required for 5000/6000 level courses to be transferred for graduate credit.
1 Courses with significant programming content in C, C++ or Java may be used to satisfy this requirement but must be approved by the IEMS undergraduate coordinator.
Restricted Electives (5 Credit Hours)
- Three (3) hours of technical electives must be either EIN 5140 Project Engineering or ESI 5219 Engineering Statistics which are required core requirements in the MSIE program. Another three (3) hours of technical elective may be taken at the 5000 level as a substitute for any of the 3 courses specified in the core requirements for the BSIE. Students should consult with their assigned academic advisor for a list of the approved technical electives and the terms when specific courses of this type are to be offered.
Foreign Language Requirements
- Two years of one foreign language in high school, or one year of one foreign language in college (or equivalent proficiency exam) prior to graduation.
Departmental Exit Requirements (4 Credit Hours)
University Minimum Exit Requirements
- A 2.0 UCF GPA
- 60 semester hours earned after CLEP awarded
- 48 semester hours of upper division credit completed
- 30 of the last 39 hours of course work must be completed in residency at UCF.
- A maximum of 45 hours of extension, correspondence, CLEP, Credit by Exam, and Armed Forces credits permitted.
- Complete the General Education Program, the Gordon Rule, and nine hours of Summer credit.
Total Undergraduate Credit Hours Required: 128
Total Combined Credit Hours Required: 146
Honors In Major
- After entry to the Accelerated Program students will be advised regarding areas of study they plan to explore. During this time advising staff within the IEMS department will aid in selecting approved graduate level courses that are acceptable alternatives to replace required courses.
- The following will be waived for this joint degree program:
- The limit of nine hours to be shared between undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Undergraduate students taking graduate courses must be within nine hours of graduation
- Undergraduate students taking graduate courses must not register for more than a total of twelve hours in that semester
- Undergraduate students are not eligible to take 6000-level courses
Acceptable Substitutes for Transfer Courses
- Up to 12 credit hours of approved 5000 and 6000 level courses of grades B (3.0) or better may be counted towards the BS and Masters degrees. These 12 credit hours will meet either technical elective or course requirements for the major. The 5000 level courses listed in the plan above are examples. Contact the Graduate Coordinator in the Industrial Engineering and Management Systems department for a list of acceptable courses.
Graduate Courses Link
Program Academic Learning Compacts
- Part-Time Student: $38 per term
- Full-Time Student: $77 per term