May 20, 2019
College of Engineering and Computer Science
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering,
Engineering, Room: 381
Dr. Jihua Gou, email@example.com, 407-823-5448
Ms. Amanda Barratt, Amanda.Barratt@ucf.edu, 407-823-5448
- See Common Program Prerequisites .
- Qualified students may apply after completion of a minimum of 64 credit hours.
- Completion of no more than 96 credit hours.
- Admission to the Accelerated Program does not guarantee formal admission to the MSAE, MSME or MSBME program.
- Admission is not automatic. Interested students may need to be interviewed.
- The Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department requires all students in the Aerospace Engineering Major to earn a “C” (2.0) or Better in the following sections: Section 2: Common Program Pre-requisites (CPP), Section 3: Core Requirements â€” Basic Level, Section 4: Core Requirements - Advanced Level, Section 5: Restricted / Approved Technical Electives, and Section 6: Capstone Requirement.
General Education Program (GEP) (38 Credit Hours)
Cultural & Historical Foundations
Common Program Prerequisites (CPP) (19 Credit Hours)
Core Requirements: Basic Level (2 Credit Hours)
The College of Engineering and Computer Science requires all engineering students to achieve a minimum 2.250 GPA in completing these courses, together with the core requirements, technical elective courses and senior design courses listed. Independent study courses generally do not satisfy major requirements.
Core Requirements: Advanced Level (51 Credit Hours)
Restricted Electives (9 Credit Hours)
- Technical electives should be taken at the 5000 or 6000 level and are available in the BSAE program to address specific student interests in a variety of technical advisor for a list of the approved technical electives and the semesters when specific courses of this type are to be offered.
- Please Note: The Accelerated B.S. to M.S. Program allows students to complete up to a maximum of 12 credit hours of Graduate level course work for technical elective credit.
Capstone Requirements (6 Credit Hours)
These courses are a capstone experience to your engineering program and should be completed in your last 2 major semesters of study.
CECS encourages all engineering students to take the Fundamentals Exam during their senior year.
Foreign Language Requirements
- Two years of one foreign language in high school, or one year of one foreign language in college (or equivalent proficiency exam) prior to graduation.
Departmental Exit Requirements
University Minimum Exit Requirements
- A 2.0 UCF GPA
- 60 semester hours earned after CLEP awarded
- 48 semester hours of upper division credit completed
- 30 of the last 39 hours of course work must be completed in residency at UCF.
- A maximum of 45 hours of extension, correspondence, CLEP, Credit by Exam, and Armed Forces credits permitted.
- Complete the General Education Program, the Gordon Rule, and nine hours of Summer credit.
Total Undergraduate Credit Hours Required: 128
Total Combined Credit Hours Required: 146
Honors In Major
- The baccalaureate degree will be awarded when program requirements for the BS are met and students have completed a minimum of 128 hours of credit. Students will then be reclassified as graduate students. The MSAE, MSME or MSBME will be awarded on completion of the total program of study.
- The following will be waived for this joint degree program: The limit of nine hours to be shared between undergraduate and graduate programs. Undergraduate students taking graduate courses must be within nine hours of graduation. Undergraduate students taking graduate courses must not register for more than a total of twelve hours in that semester.
Acceptable Substitutes for Transfer Courses
Shared Courses (12 Credit Hours)
- Up to 12 credit hours of approved 5000 and 6000 level courses of grades B (3.0) or better may be counted towards the BS and Masters degrees. These 12 credit hours will meet either technical elective or course requirements for the major. Contact the Graduate Coordinator in the Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering department for a list of acceptable courses.
Graduate Courses Link
Program Academic Learning Compacts
- Part-Time Student: $45 per term
- Full-Time Student: $90 per term