Jun 21, 2018
College of Engineering and Computer Science
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering,
Engineering, Room: 381
Dr. Jihua Gou, firstname.lastname@example.org, 407-823-5448
Ms. Amanda Barratt, Amanda.Barratt@ucf.edu, 407-823-5448
- See Common Program Prerequisites .
- Qualified students may apply after completion of a minimum of 64 credit hours.
- Completion of no more than 96 credit hours.
- Admission to the Accelerated Program does not guarantee formal admission to the MSME, MSMSE, MSAE or MSBME program.
- Admission is not automatic. Interested students may need to be interviewed.
- The Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department requires all students in the Mechanical Engineering Major to earn a “C” (2.0) or Better in the following sections: Section 2: Common Program Pre-requisites (CPP), Section 3: Core Requirements â€” Basic Level, Section 4: Core Requirements - Advanced Level, Section 5: Restricted / Approved Technical Electives, and Section 6: Capstone Requirement.
General Education Program (GEP) (38 Credit Hours)
Communication Foundations (9 Credit Hours)
Cultural & Historical Foundations (9 Credit Hours)
Mathematical Foundations (7 Credit Hours)
Social Foundations (6 Credit Hours)
Science Foundations (7 Credit Hours)
Common Program Prerequisites (CPP) (19 Credit Hours)
Core Requirements: Basic Level (2 Credit Hours)
Core Requirements: Advanced Level (48 Credit Hours)
Select Two of the Following: (6 Credit Hours)
Select One of the Following: (3 Credit Hours)
Approved Electives (15 Credit Hours)
- Technical electives should be taken at the 5000 level and are available in the BSME program to address specific student interests in a variety of technical areas. Restricted electives are intended to ensure that all students have a significant design experience in both mechanical and thermofluids systems. Students should consult with their Department for a list of the approved restricted and technical electives and the terms when specific courses of this type are to be offered
Capstone Requirements (6 Credit Hours)
These courses are a capstone experience to your engineering program and should be completed in your last 2 major semesters of study.
CECS encourages all engineering students to take the Fundamentals Exam during their senior year.
Foreign Language Requirements
- Two years of one foreign language in high school, or one year of one foreign language in college (or equivalent proficiency exam) prior to graduation.
Departmental Exit Requirements (6 Credit Hours)
University Minimum Exit Requirements
- A 2.0 UCF GPA
- 60 semester hours earned after CLEP awarded
- 48 semester hours of upper division credit completed
- 30 of the last 39 hours of course work must be completed in residency at UCF.
- A maximum of 45 hours of extension, correspondence, CLEP, Credit by Exam, and Armed Forces credits permitted.
- Complete the General Education Program, the Gordon Rule, and nine hours of Summer credit.
Total Undergraduate Credit Hours Required: 128
Total Combined Credit Hours Required: 146
Career and Academic Advising
The department requires all students in the program meet with a faculty member for advising on career and academic issues. These courses must be taken in sequence during the 3rd and 4th year.
Honors In Major
- The following will be waived for this joint degree program:
- The limit of nine hours to be shared between undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Undergraduate students taking graduate courses must be within nine hours of graduation
- Undergraduate students taking graduate courses must not register for more than a total of twelve hours in that semester
- Undergraduate students are not eligible to take 6000-level courses.
Acceptable Substitutes for Transfer Courses
- Shared B.S.M.E./M.S.M.E., M.S.M.S.E., or M.S.A.E. Students can earn up to a maximum of 12 credit hours of approved 5000 and 6000 level courses with grades of “B” (3.0) or better may be counted towards the B.S. and Masters degrees. These 12 credit hours will meet technical elective requirements for the major. Contact the Graduate Coordinator in the Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering department for a list of acceptable courses.
Graduate Courses Link
Program Academic Learning Compacts
- Part-Time Student: $45 per term
- Full-Time Student: $90 per term