Jul 19, 2019
College of Nursing
UTWR, Room: 3rd floor
Dr. Mary Lou Sole, Dean
Dr. Joellen Edwards, Chair, Department of Nursing Systems
Dr. Stephen Heglund, Post-License BSN Programs Director
BSN completion program only for individuals who are enrolled in a statewide articulated A.S. in Nursing from a Florida public community or state college. (12/2000 or later)
- Acceptance to the university does not constitute admission to the upper division nursing program. Separate application to the limited access program must be made directly to the College of Nursing by the posted deadline. For application deadlines, please visit http://www.nursing.ucf.edu.
- Admission to the University must be completed by the program application deadline.
- All applicants must have a minimum overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- All applicants must be enrolled in a Statewide Articulated AS in Nursing from a Florida College System institution and have completed a minimum of two semesters. Individuals who received an AS in Nursing or attended nursing school other than a Florida College System or State University System institution should review the Nursing - RN to BSN Program.
- All applicants must be working toward Licensure as an RN.
- All applicants must have completed the UCF General Education Program (GEP) requirements or completed an AA degree from a Florida College System or State University System institution or have no more than a total of 9 credit hours remaining to meet UCF General Education and/or Foreign Language graduation requirements.
- All eight (8) Common Program Prerequisites must be completed by the program application deadline with at least a grade of “C” (2.0) or better in each course.
- Students who change degree programs and select this major must adopt the most current catalog year, including minors.
- Students should consult with an advisor in the College of Nursing Undergraduate Student Services Office for questions regarding completion of General Education Program requirements and Common Program Prerequisite requirements.
- The courses designated in UCF General Education Program (GEP) and Common Program Prerequisites (CPP) below may be taken at a Florida College System or State University System institution.
- A minimum overall undergraduate GPA of 2.5 and a minimum 2.5 GPA in the nursing major are required for continuation in and graduation from the nursing program
- UCF Residency Requirement: 30 hours
- The courses designated in UCF General Education Program (GEP) and Foreign Language Requirements must be completed prior to enrolling in the third semester in the BSN program. Students may have no more than 9 hours of outstanding coursework in these two areas at the time of admission.
UCF General Education Program (GEP) (36 Credit Hours)
Communication Foundations (9 Credit Hours)
Cultural & Historical Foundations (9 Credit Hours)
Mathematical Foundations (6 Credit Hours)
Social Foundations (6 Credit Hours)
Science Foundations (7 Credit Hours)
Common Program Prerequisites (CPP) (18 Credit Hours)
See “Common Prerequisites ” in the Transfer and Transitions Services section for more information.
1 (or other Approved Science) Also meets general education requirements; applicants should see a UCF Nursing advisor for possible course substitutions.
2 May take Anatomy and Physiology sequence of eight total credits
3 Also meets general education requirements; applicants should see a UCF Nursing advisor for possible course substitutions.
Core Requirements: Basic Level
Core Requirements: Advanced Level (56 Credit Hours)
UCF Core (27 Credit Hours)
Upper Division Credit (29 Credit Hours)
May be met by validation and RN License
Restricted Electives (3 Credit Hours)
- One College of Nursing elective. A list of approved restricted elective courses is found in the myKnight audit.
- variable to meet degree requirements
Foreign Language Requirements
- Two years of one foreign language in high school, or one year of one foreign language in college (or equivalent proficiency exam) prior to third semester in the BSN program.
- Must hold licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- A criminal background check and mandatory Drug Screening may be required prior to any clinical course and “on demand” for continuation in the program.
- Complete all courses in major with at least a “C” (2.0)
- Maintain a UCF GPA of 2.5 or above
- Maintain a College of Nursing GPA of 2.5 or above
- Prior to third semester in the BSN program: 1) complete general education requirements or A.A. from a Florida College System or State University System institution; and 2) complete foreign language admission requirement.
- Continuous enrollment in a Statewide Articulated AS in Nursing program of a Florida College System institution until completion and awarding of the Associate of Science in Nursing degree.
- Selected courses may be offered at various Orlando and Regional Campuses.
- All AS to BSN courses are available online. Some classes and labs are also available in person on select campuses. Clinical practice requirements are completed in the student’s home community. For more information visit http://www.nursing.ucf.edu
- All students admitted to a BSN program will be responsible for an annual subscription to the LEAP*RN student information database and repository.
Departmental Exit Requirements
- Completion of all courses in major with a grade of “C” (2.0) or better
- Cumulative overall GPA of 2.5 or above
- College of Nursing GPA of 2.5 or above
- This program must be completed in no more than seven years from enrollment in the first BSN course within Core Requirements.
University Minimum Exit Requirements
- A 2.0 UCF GPA
- 60 semester hours earned after CLEP awarded
- 48 semester hours of upper division credit completed
- 30 of the last 39 hours of course work must be completed in residency at UCF.
- A maximum of 45 hours of extension, correspondence, CLEP, Credit by Exam, and Armed Forces credits permitted.
- Complete the General Education Program, the Gordon Rule, and nine hours of Summer credit.
Total Undergraduate Credit Hours Required: 120
Honors In Major
- Contact Program Coordinator or HIM Advisor
- Students are required to design an individual plan of study with an advisor. Any changes to that plan must be made in consultation with the advisor. Failure to do so may result in a delay of program progression and/or graduation.
- A maximum of 6 upper division credit hours of Nursing courses may be transferred from another institution.
Acceptable Substitutes for Transfer Courses
Program Academic Learning Compacts
- Part-Time Student: $25 per term
- Full-Time Student: $50 per term
Plan of Study (30 Credit Hours)
- assuming general education, foreign language and nursing prerequisites are complete