Sep 22, 2019
Rosen College of Hospitality Management
Department of Hospitality Services,
9907 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32819
Dr. Kevin Murphy, Department Chair
Dr. Abraham Pizam, Dean
- Completion of a Statewide Articulated A.S. in Hospitality Management from a Florida College System institution which is composed of 64 hours of course work, including at least 18 hours of transferable general education courses. Course work will be comprised of 18 hours of general education and 42 hours of upper division hospitality management course work as determined by an individual plan of study. Below is a sample plan of study
- Students must earn a minimum 2.0 overall GPA in course work taken within the Rosen College of Hospitality Management, and a minimum 2.0 GPA in all courses listed in the common program prerequisites, the basic and advanced core courses, and the restricted electives.
- Students must earn a “C” (2.0) or better in each course listed in the common program prerequisites, the basic and advanced core, and the restricted electives.
General Education Program (GEP) (18 Credit Hours)
Students will complete 18 hours of selected General Education courses. The specific courses will be determined in coordination with General Education courses completed as part of the articulated A.S. and come from the following areas:
Cultural & Historical Foundations
Common Program Prerequisites (CPP) (3 Credit Hours)
See “Common Prerequisites ” in the Transfer and Transitions Services section for more information.
Core Requirements: Basic Level
Select One: (3 Credit Hours)
Select One: (3 Credit Hours)
Core Requirements: Advanced Level (36 Credit Hours)
Hospitality Management Core (24 Credit Hours)
Select Three (9 Credit Hours)
Restricted Electives (12 Credit Hours)
- Students should select 4 3000-4000 level courses from the list of Restricted Electives in the Hospitality Management B.S. degree, or select one of the Specialized Tracks.
Foreign Language Requirements
- State University System foreign language requirement: two years in high school or one year of college instruction in a single foreign language. (This requirement applies to those students admitted to the University without the required two units of foreign language in high school.)
- It is the responsibility of the student to take whatever steps are necessary to determine if they have been officially dropped from a course. This does not remove the student’s responsibility for dropping courses they do not intend to complete.
- Final exams will be given during Exam Week only.
Departmental Exit Requirements
Students must earn a minimum 2.0 overall GPA in course work taken within the Rosen College of Hospitality Management, and a minimum 2.0 GPA in all courses listed in the common program prerequisites, the basic and advanced core courses, and the restricted electives.
University Minimum Exit Requirements
- A 2.0 UCF GPA
- 60 semester hours earned after CLEP awarded
- 48 semester hours of upper division credit completed
- 30 of the last 39 hours of course work must be completed in residency at UCF.
- A maximum of 45 hours of extension, correspondence, CLEP, Credit by Exam, and Armed Forces credits permitted.
- Complete the General Education Program, the Gordon Rule, and nine hours of Summer credit.
Total Undergraduate Credit Hours Required: 124
Acceptable Substitutes for Transfer Courses
Honors In Major
- Students must earn a “C” (2.0) or better in each course listed in the common program prerequisites, the basic and advised cores, and the restricted electives.
- Florida College System students in the A.S. to B.S. track are required to complete an individual plan of study with the College prior to enrolling in their first semester at UCF.
- Subject to the general grade and residence requirements, credit will be granted for transferred course work equivalent to that required in the UCF Rosen College of Hospitality Management.
- A minimum of 30 semester hours must be completed at UCF within the Hospitality major.
- Orientation and advising are two of the most valuable tools that a student can make use of when transferring to UCF. Students should take advantage of both.
Program Academic Learning Compacts
- Part-Time Student: $37.50 per term
- Full-Time Student: $75 per term
Junior Year - Fall (15 Credit Hours)
- HFT 3540 - Guest Services Management I Credit Hours: 3
- General Education Requirement I Credit Hours: 3
- General Education Requirement II Credit Hours: 3
- General Education Requirement III Credit Hours: 3
- General Education Requirement IV Credit Hours: 3
Junior Year - Spring (15 Credit Hours)
Junior Year - Summer (6 Credit Hours)
Senior Year - Fall (12 Credit Hours)
Senior Year - Spring (12 Credit Hours)