Jun 18, 2018
College of Sciences
Department of Anthropology
Department of Biology
Dr. John Schultz, John.Schultz@ucf.edu
The Human Biology certificate blends biological anthropology with a foundation in anatomy and the biological sciences. The minor is especially appropriate for anthropology, biology, and biomedical sciences students seeking an enhanced and interdisciplinary foundation in human biology.
Certificates will be awarded only at the time of degree completion.
- A minimum overall 2.0 GPA is required in courses used to satisfy the requirement.
- At least 12 hours used toward the certificate must be earned at UCF within the participating departments.
- Students must select and meet with a certificate advisor in either the Anthropology or Biology department.
- Only two anthropology courses can overlap for students enrolled in multiple anthropology programs (minors and certificates).
- Students must satisfy each course’s prerequisites before enrolling in the class.
Required Courses (7 Credit Hours)
Restricted Electives (12 Credit Hours)
- Anthropology majors must select courses from Restricted Electives Group A.
- Biology majors must select courses from Restricted Electives Group B.
- Biomedical Sciences majors must select courses from Restricted Electives Group C.
Restricted Electives Group A:
Anthropology Majors select four courses from the list below:
Restricted Electives Group B:
Biology Majors select four courses from the list below:
Restricted Electives Group C:
Biomedical Sciences Majors select four courses from the list below:
Foreign Language Requirements
Total Undergraduate Credit Hours Required: 19
- No credit by exam (TSD, Military credit) may be used.
- Internship, research, or Independent Study credit can be used to replace one restricted elective course with approval from a certificate advisor.
- Majors other than Anthropology, Biology, or Biomedical Sciences may earn The Human Biology Certificate but must select courses with a certificate advisor.
- One course substitution for the Human Biology Certificate will only be allowed with prior approval from a certificate advisor. In addition, only a two course overlap is allowed between their major and the certificate.