Aug 18, 2018
College of Nursing
UTWR- 3rd Floor
Dr. Mary Lou Sole, Dean
Dr. Joellen Edwards, Chair, Department of Nursing Systems
Dr. Stephen Heglund, Post-License, BSN Programs Director
A partnership between selected Florida College System institutions and UCF College of Nursing to allow qualified Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) students to enroll in the RN to BSN program while completing the ASN program. This program allows simultaneous enrollment in both associate and baccalaureate nursing programs.
- Acceptance to the University does not constitute admission to this program. Only students admitted to the Florida College System institution Nursing Programs are eligible for this enrollment option. Students must make separate application to UCF and the College of Nursing. Students are accepted into this program for their first semester of nursing and must progress according to a designated plan of study.
- Students must be accepted by UCF prior to the Concurrent A.S.N. to B.S.N. application deadline. Upon completion of the ASN and successful licensure as a Registered Nurse, students will enroll in remaining UCF nursing upper division courses to complete the BSN.
- Criminal background checks and drug screening may be required for all Concurrent students prior to their registering for the final practicum course NUR 4604L .
At the time of application, students must have:
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Completed application to a Florida College System institution ASN Nursing program and the UCF College of Nursing and be admitted to the University by UCF Undergraduate Admissions.
- An AA degree from a Florida College System or State University System institution or have met ALL UCF General Education requirements prior to program start.
- Met UCF Foreign Language admission requirement prior to program start.
- Completed seven out of eight Common Program Prerequisite courses for UCF and all of the ASN nursing program’s prerequisites by application deadline with at least a grade of “C” (2.0) or better in each course.
- A satisfactory score on the standardized entry test(s) required by both programs.
- Students who change degree programs and select this major must adopt the most current catalog year, including minors.
- Students should consult with a college advisor or Florida College System A.A. transfer advisor regarding completion of General Education Program requirements.
- Students should consult with an advisor in the Concurrent Nursing program for clarification of questions regarding prerequisite requirements.
- The courses designated in General Education and Common Program Prerequisites below may be taken at a Florida College System or State University System institution.
- A minimum overall GPA of 2.5 and a minimum 2.5 GPA in the nursing major are required for continuation in and graduation from the nursing program.
- UCF Residency Requirement: 30 hours.
- The courses designated in General Education and Common Program Prerequisites should usually be completed in the first 60 hours.
General Education Program (GEP) (36 Credit Hours)
Communication Foundations (9 Credit Hours)
Cultural & Historical Foundations (9 Credit Hours)
Mathematical Foundations (6 Credit Hours)
Select One: (3 Credit Hours)
Social Foundations (6 Credit Hours)
Select One: (3 Credit Hours)
Science Foundations (7 Credit Hours)
1 Science Foundation is six credit hours for General Education Program. This BSC course is needed as a course prerequisite for Anatomy and Physiology and Health Microbiology.
2 or other Physical Science
Common Program Prerequisites (CPP) (18 Credit Hours)
Applicants should see a UCF Nursing Advisor for possible course substitutions.
See “Common Prerequisites ” in the Transfer and Transitions Services section for more information.
1 Or other approved science. Also meets General Education Requirements; Applicants should see a UCF Nursing Advisor for possible course substitutions.
2 May take Anatomy and Physiology sequence (AP I & II) of eight total credits.
3 Also meets General Education Requirements; Applicants should see an advisor.
Core Requirements: Basic Level
Core Requirements: Advanced Level (57 Credit Hours)
Seminole State Concurrent Track (28 Credit Hours)
Valencia College Concurrent Track (28 Credit Hours)
Upper Division Credit (29 Credit Hours)
Upper Division Credit may be met by Validation and RN License.
Restricted Electives (3 Credit Hours)
- One College of Nursing elective. A list of approved restricted electives is found in the myKnight audit.
- variable to meet degree requirements
Foreign Language Requirements
- Two years of one foreign language in high school, or one year of one foreign language in college (or equivalent proficiency exam) prior to program start.
- All students admitted to a BSN program will be responsible for an annual subscription to the LEAP*RN student information database and repository.
Departmental Exit Requirements
- Completion of all courses in major with a grade of “C” (2.0) or better
- Overall Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above
- College of Nursing GPA of 2.5 or above
- Current licensure as an RN.
University Minimum Exit Requirements
- A 2.0 UCF GPA
- 60 semester hours earned after CLEP awarded
- 48 semester hours of upper division credit completed
- 30 of the last 39 hours of course work must be completed in residency at UCF.
- A maximum of 45 hours of extension, correspondence, CLEP, Credit by Exam, and Armed Forces credits permitted.
- Complete the General Education Program, the Gordon Rule, and nine hours of Summer credit.
Total Undergraduate Credit Hours Required: 120
Honors In Major
Acceptable Substitutes for Transfer Courses
Program Academic Learning Compacts
- Part-Time Student: $25 per term
- Full-Time Student: $50 per term
Plan of Study (31 Credit Hours)