May 20, 2019
College of Sciences
Department of Political Science,
Howard Phillips Hall, Room: 302
Dr. Roger Handberg
Minor Admission Requirements
- Double major/dual degree policy in Political Science programs and minors:
- Students who double minor in Political Science/Prelaw and International and Global Studies shall not count more than one course toward both programs.
- Students who major in International and Global Studies, and minor in Political Science/Prelaw shall not count more than one course toward both programs, except the following:
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 is required in all courses used to satisfy the minor.
- Grades below “C” (2.0) in lower level courses are not accepted.
- At least 12 hours used in the minor must be earned at UCF within the Department of Political Science.
- Most courses for this minor will have prerequisites completed as a part of a student’s GEP requirement, as general electives, or a student can enroll into courses with consent of instructor.
Required Courses (6 Credit Hours)
Restricted Electives (12 Credit Hours)
Select One: (3 Credit Hours)
Restricted Upper Division Electives (9 Credit Hours)
Three upper division Political Science courses (courses with prefixes CPO, INR, POS, POT, and PUP; and GEO 3471 , which is also a Political Science course. See the Political Science Major description for a list of courses that may be offered by the department).
Only three hours of credit for internships, independent study, or directed reading may be counted:
Foreign Language Requirements
Total Undergraduate Credit Hours Required: 18
- No credit by exam (TSD, Military credit) may be used.
- Co-op, or Independent Study credit cannot be used toward the minor without prior departmental permission.