Web Address: http://www.hospitality.ucf.edu/
Graduate Web Addresses: http://hospitality.ucf.edu/students/prospective-students/graduate-admissions/
Since 1983, the UCF Rosen College of Hospitality Management has established a high standard of professionalism, leadership, and service excellence that is recognized around the world. The educational mission of the college is to develop future generations of global hospitality and tourism leaders serving all industry segments through innovative academic programs, cutting-edge research, and strong industry and community partnerships.
The hospitality industry has changed dramatically over the past 20 years as has hospitality education. The Rosen College has positioned itself to be the preferred educational institution for individuals who wish to learn advanced technical and managerial skills in hospitality and tourism management. Whether traditional or more ‘mature’, industry novice or executive and domestic or international, the Rosen College has developed general and niche programs to meet the specific needs of several diverse ‘student’ segments. The Orlando area itself enhances each degree’s value proposition by providing a living laboratory to study and experience a broad spectrum of products and services.
The Master’s in Hospitality and Tourism Management is not intended as a first entry point to the industry. The master’s program enables individuals to build upon their strengths and interests, broaden their knowledge of the industry, sharpen management skills, and incorporate their professional and extracurricular experiences in an interactive learning environment. The program schedule is flexible to enable participation on a full-time or part-time basis with courses available in face-to-face, mixed or fully-online mode.
The college houses the Dick Pope Sr. Institute for Tourism Studies, which was created and initially funded by the travel and tourism industry in Central Florida. The institute conducts proprietary and public domain research for local, domestic, and international clients. The institute is also involved in a variety of activities to educate the public at large about the economic and social welfare contributions of the tourism industry, and further severs as an advocate for the industry..
- The opportunity to engage with our world-class faculty who represent 17 countries and whose combined expertise spans all facets of hospitality, tourism, event and destination management.
- The ability to satisfy industry sector-specific and discipline-specific curiosities through a variety of core and elective courses.
- Participate in research to investigate the unknown and develop industry applications through the Dick Pope Sr. Institute for Tourism Studies and the World Tourism Organization depository library.
- Network and collaborate with top industry partners and academic leaders, just around the corner and around the world.
- Youcheng Wang, Dean
- Robertico Croes, Associate Dean
- Alan Fyall, Associate Dean
- Manuel Rivera, Assistant Dean