Apr 20, 2021
College of Sciences
Department of Anthropology
Howard Phillips Hall (HPH), Room: 309
Department of Biology
Biological Sciences Building (BIO), Room: 301
Dr. John Schultz,
The Human Biology Certificate blends biological anthropology with a foundation in anatomy and the biological sciences. The certificate is especially appropriate for anthropology, biology, and biomedical sciences students seeking an enhanced and interdisciplinary foundation in human biology.
Certificates will be awarded only at the time of degree completion.
- A minimum overall 2.0 GPA is required in courses used to satisfy the requirement.
- At least 12 hours used toward the certificate must be earned at UCF within the participating departments.
- Students must select and meet with a certificate advisor in either the Anthropology or Biology department.
- Only two anthropology courses can overlap for students enrolled in multiple anthropology programs (minors and certificates). (Note: The myKnight Audit cannot capture overlapping courses between two or more programs; therefore, students should have their program reviewed by the department before filing for graduation.)
- Students must satisfy each course’s prerequisites before enrolling in the class.
Required Courses (7 Credit Hours)
Restricted Electives (12 Credit Hours)
- Majors other than Anthropology, Biology, or Biomedical Sciences may earn The Human Biology Certificate but must select courses with a certificate advisor.
- Anthropology majors must select courses from Restricted Electives Group A.
- Biology majors must select courses from Restricted Electives Group B.
- Biomedical Sciences majors must select courses from Restricted Electives Group C
Restricted Electives Group A:
Anthropology Majors select four courses from the list below:
Restricted Electives Group B:
Biology Majors select four courses from the list below:
Restricted Electives Group C:
Biomedical Sciences Majors select four courses from the list below:
Foreign Language Requirements
Total Undergraduate Credit Hours Required: 19
- Internship, research, or Independent Study credit can be used to replace one restricted elective course with approval from a certificate advisor.
- One course substitution for the Human Biology Certificate will only be allowed with prior approval from a certificate advisor. In addition, only a two course overlap is allowed between their major and the certificate.