The MS in Business Analytics provides students with the specialized skills necessary to respond to challenges of the new data-intensive business world of today.
The 30 credit hour, ten-course curriculum introduces students to the main quantitative methods and software tools of business analytics, a subfield of data science; namely, those used in numerical, optimization, simulation, and statistical methods. Designed for those interested in using quantitative methods to uncover economic relationships, to construct predictive models, and to communicate business intelligence, the curriculum provides students with the knowledge necessary in making informed business decisions. Specifically, students will learn how to acquire, organize, manage, and analyze data. In addition to gaining experience with software tools commonly used in industry (such as Python, R, and SQLite). Through a combination of case studies, hands-on lectures, and group projects, students will gain valuable experience in using quantitative methods to solve business problems. The program culminates in an applied capstone project that uses these methods and tools to solve an empirical problem.
- A 20-month program offered in Downtown Orlando
- Limited class size, cohort program
- Classes meet 2 evenings per week
- No work experience requirement
- Diagnostic testing required for admission
The Business Analytics (BA) program is taught UCF’s Downtown Orlando campus. BA students will find a high level of personal attention from program administrators from the moment they apply. Ideal candidates for this degree are students with an understanding of statistics and quantitative methods but come from a variety of degree fields such as business, economics, finance, statistics, information systems and engineering.
Prerequisites: Minimum of college-level microeconomics, statistics or quantitative methods and calculus courses required.
This program is a professional program with a market rate tuition and is considered a part-time program. The tuition is the same for Florida residents and non-residents. Please visit www.business.ucf.edu/graduate-programs for more information.
This program is accredited by AACSB International.
The Business Analytics track in the Professional Master of Science in Management (PMSM/BA) provides students with the specialized skills necessary to respond to challenges of the new data-intensive, decision-making business world of today. Students become business analysts skilled in the collection, management, analysis, interpretation and application of data to aid in more informed and successful business decisions. Skills learned in this degree are applicable across industries and organizations whether they be large or small, for-profit or nonprofit.
Total Credit Hours Required: 30 Credit Hours Minimum beyond the Bachelor’s Degree
For information on general UCF graduate admissions requirements that apply to all prospective students, please visit the Admissions section of the Graduate Catalog. Applicants must apply online. All requested materials must be submitted by the established deadline.
In addition to the general UCF graduate application requirements , applicants to this program must provide the following:
- Official transcripts from each college/university attended.
- Current Resume.
- Prepare a goal statement that answers the following questions. Please limit to 1000 words.
- Describe what motivated you either professionally or personally to pursue a master’s degree.
- Describe the steps you took to select UCF and this program. Include how long you have been considering graduate school and how you learned about this program.
- Describe a specific academic experience or professional business skill you hope to acquire through the program and how you plan to use it going forward.
- Three professional letters of recommendation or three e-mail addresses of recommenders. One recommendation must be from a previous or current supervisor.
- If your degree was not received in the U.S., you must also send one copy of each transcript to an accredited evaluation service for a course-by-course evaluation showing the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree. We accept either World Education Services (WES) www.wes.org or Josef Silny www.jsilny.com/. Please request that your official transcripts be sent to UCF along with your transcript evaluation.
- If your native language is not English and you do not have a degree from a U.S. institution or English instruction institution, you will be required to submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score or an IELTS English Language Test score. For TOEFL a minimum score of 577 paper-based; 233 computer-based; or 91 Internet-based. For IELTS a minimum score of 7.0 is required. For more information on exams and locations, go to www.ets.org/toefl.
Review Process. Your application will be reviewed once all required documents are received. If approved by the Admissions Committee, you will then be contacted to complete diagnostic testing. Admission decisions are made after the diagnotic testing scores are received and reviewed by the Admissions Committee.
The GMAT is not required for Executive or Professional degree programs in the College of Business.
Early application tuition discounts are available for this program. For application and tuition discount details, view our Graduate Admissions page.
Graduate students may receive financial assistance through fellowships, assistantships, tuition support, or loans. For more information, see the College of Graduate Studies Funding website, which describes the types of financial assistance available at UCF and provides general guidance in planning your graduate finances. The Financial Information section of the Graduate Catalog is another key resource.