The Human Resources Track in the Professional Master of Science in Management (PMSM/HR) curriculum is formally aligned with the Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM). It is designed for working professionals who aspire to become leaders in human resource management or general management.
This 30-hour program provides an alternative to the MBA degree for students who desire specialized study in management and human resources, and seek employment or career advancement in the areas of human resources, strategic planning, organizational effectiveness, staffing, compensation and employee relations.
- 20-month program offered in downtown Orlando
- Limited class size, cohort program
- Classes meet Monday and Wednesday evenings
- Minimum two year professional work experience requirement
- Personal interview required for admission
The innovative curriculum combines general management and strategic business classes with advanced coursework in management of human resources. It provides students with the latest business techniques and knowledge required to succeed in today’s competitive marketplace. One main component of the program is a focus on developing practices and methods that align human resources activities with organizational strategies and provide students with the knowledge required to successfully anticipate, plan, and carry out changes.
Students with a wide variety of backgrounds, including those with degrees in business, education, hospitality, nursing, and psychology are encouraged to apply.
This program is a professional program with a market rate tuition, and is considered a part-time program. The tuition is the same for Florida residents and nonresidents. Please visit www.business.ucf.edu/graduate-programs for more information.
This program is accredited by AACSB International.
Total Credit Hours Required: 30 Credit Hours Minimum beyond the Bachelor’s Degree
Restricted Core Courses—15 Credit Hours
Students take five courses, selected by the program advisor, from the courses listed below.
Restricted Specialization Courses—12 Credit Hours
Students take four courses, selected by the program advisor, from the courses listed below.
Capstone Course—3 Credit Hours
The Professional Master of Science in Management/Human Resources (PMSM/HR) capstone course, MAN 6915 - Applied Field Project , is required for all PMSM/HR students. This capstone course applies concepts, theories and methods learned earlier in the program to organizational problems in business settings.
For information on general UCF graduate application requirements that apply to all prospective students, please visit the Admissions section of the Graduate Catalog. Applicants must apply online. All requested materials must be submitted by the established deadline.
In addition to the general UCF graduate application requirements, applicants to this program must provide:
- Official transcripts from each college/university attended.
- Current Resume.
- Prepare a goal statement that answers the following questions. Please limit to 1000 words.
- Describe what motivated you either professionally or personally to pursue a master’s degree.
- Describe the steps you took to select UCF and this program. Include how long you have been considering graduate school and how you learned about this program.
- Describe a specific academic experience or professional business skill you hope to acquire through the program and how you plan to use it going forward.
- Three professional letters of recommendation or three e-mail addresses of recommenders. One recommendation must be from a previous or current supervisor.
- If your degree was not received in the U.S., you must also send one copy of each transcript to an accredited evaluation service for a course-by-course evaluation showing the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree. We accept either World Education Services (WES) www.wes.org or Josef Silny www.jsilny.com/. Please request that your official transcripts be sent to UCF along with your transcript evaluation.
- If your native language is not English and you do not have a degree from a U.S. institution or English instruction institution, you will be required to submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score or an IELTS English Language Test score. For TOEFL a minimum score of 577 paper-based; 233 computer-based; or 91 Internet-based. For IELTS a minimum score of 7.0 is required. For more information on exams and locations, go to www.ets.org/toefl.
Review Process. Your application will be reviewed once all required documents are received. Assuming you meet our admission requirements, you will be contacted to schedule an interview. Admission decisions are made after the interview and review process are complete.
The GMAT is not required for Executive or Professional degree programs in the College of Business.
Early application tuition discounts are available for this program. For application and tuition discount details, view our Graduate Admissions page.
|The MS in Management/Human Resources program is taught at the UCF Downtown Campus in downtown Orlando and the next available term for this program is Fall 2021.
|This program is part-time only and therefore cannot accept international applicants.
Graduate students may receive financial assistance through fellowships, assistantships, tuition support, or loans. For more information, see the College of Graduate Studies Funding website, which describes the types of financial assistance available at UCF and provides general guidance in planning your graduate finances. The Financial Information section of the Graduate Catalog is another key resource.