Jan 24, 2021
College of Sciences
School of Politics, Security, and International Affairs
Howard Phillips Hall (HPH), 302
Associate Lecturer: Dr. Paul Vasquez
Students taking the International and Global Studies Minor will examine the interactions between nations and the political processes within nations using a variety of perspectives. International aspects focus on how countries interact with one another, and how the social and cultural systems within them affect these interactions. Global studies looks at intra-national factors, such as how a state’s internal characteristics impact that state’s political processes. Immigration, technological advancements and internationalization of foreign policy make global studies a complementary approach to international studies.
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 is required in all courses used to satisfy the minor.
- Grades below “C” (2.0) in lower level courses are not accepted in the minor.
- At least nine hours used in the minor must be earned at UCF within the School.
- Double major/dual degree policy in Political Science programs and minors:
- Students who major in any Political Science track, and minor in International and Global Studies, shall not count more than one course toward both programs.
- Students who double minor in Political Science and International and Global Studies shall not count more than one course toward both programs. (Note: The myKnight Audit cannot capture overlapping courses between two or more programs; therefore, students should have their program reviewed by the School before filing for graduation.)
- Students must satisfy each course’s prerequisites before enrolling in the class.
Required Courses (6 Credit Hours)
Restricted Electives (15 Credit Hours)
- Substitutions require prior approval by the program advisor.
Select courses from this grouping: (6 Credit Hours)
Area Studies: (6 Credit Hours)
- Two upper division courses from one of the following area studies programs: Asian Studies, European Studies, Latin American, Caribbean and Latino Studies, Middle Eastern Studies, Russian Studies
- Courses may not have a prefix of INR, CPO, POT, POS or PUP.
Select one course from this grouping: (3 Credit Hours)
Foreign Language Requirements
- Proficiency equivalent to four semesters of college instruction in a foreign language taught by the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures or Judaic Studies. Standardized examinations for foreign languages may be used to meet the requirement.
Total Undergraduate Credit Hours Required: 21
- Internship, Co-op, or Independent Study credit cannot be used toward the minor without prior School approval.