May 26, 2020
College of Engineering and Computer Science
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering,
Harris Corp. Engineering Center, Room: 439
Dr. Kalpathy Sundaram
- See Common Program Prerequisites
- Qualified students may apply after completion of a minimum of 64 credit hours
- Completion of no more than 96 credit hours
- Completion of the GRE with a highly competitive score by the end of first semester of the senior year
- Admission is not automatic. Interested students may need to be interviewed.
- Admission to the Accelerated Program does not guarantee formal admission to the MSPE program.
General Education Program (GEP) (38 Credit Hours)
See Computer Engineering major in the catalog for track GEP requirements.
Cultural & Historical Foundations
Common Program Prerequisites (CPP) (19 Credit Hours)
See Computer Engineering major in the catalog for the CPP requirements.
Core Requirements: Basic Level (2 Credit Hours)
Computer Engineering: Basic Core (2 Credit Hours)
Core Requirements: Advanced Level (48 Credit Hours)
- Technical electives should be taken at the 5000 level and are available in the BSCpE program to address specific student interests in a variety of technical areas. Students should consult with their academic advisor for identification of courses that are approved technical electives and the terms when specific courses of this type are to be offered.
Technical Electives (15 Credit Hours)
- Technical elective courses are to be selected by the student from department approved courses.
Capstone Requirements (6 Credit Hours)
Foreign Language Requirements
- Two years of one foreign language in high school, or one year of one foreign language in college (or equivalent proficiency exam) prior to graduation.
- 24 of 32 residency hours must be 3000-5000 level courses taken from the EECS Department at UCF and applicable to the undergraduate degree program.
Departmental Exit Requirements
- CECS encourages all engineering students to take the Fundamentals Exam during their Senior year.
University Minimum Exit Requirements
- A 2.0 UCF GPA
- 60 semester hours earned after CLEP awarded
- 48 semester hours of upper division credit completed
- 30 of the last 39 hours of course work must be completed in residency at UCF.
- A maximum of 45 hours of extension, correspondence, CLEP, Credit by Exam, and Armed Forces credits permitted.
- Complete the General Education Program, the Gordon Rule, and nine hours of Summer credit.
Total Undergraduate Credit Hours Required: 128
Total Combined Credit Hours Required: 146
Honors In Major
The following will be waived for this joint degree program:
- The limit of nine hours to be shared between undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Undergraduate students taking graduate courses must be within nine hours of graduation.
- Undergraduate students taking graduate courses must not register for more than a total of twelve hours in that semester.
- Undergraduate students are not eligible to take 6000-level courses.
Acceptable Substitutes for Transfer Courses
Graduate Courses Link
Shared Courses (12 hrs)
- Up to 12 credit hours of approved 5000 level courses of grades B (3.0) or better may be counted towards the BS and Masters degrees. These 12 credit hours will meet either technical elective or course requirements for the major. Contact the EE/CpE Graduate Coordinator in the Electrical Engineering & Computer Science department for acceptable courses.
Program Academic Learning Compacts
- Part-Time Student: $30 per term
- Full-Time Student: $60 per term